Tag Archives: history
This is the presentation we have been doing in our class for making the summary of the term. You can use it for studying the three units.
The Early Modern Age.
It started in 1492. In that year Columbus discovered America. In that date other explorers sailed around the word.
- Printing press in 15th century.
- Better maps and ships.
It is called GOLDEN AGE:
- Writers: Shakespeare (Romeo and Juliet) and Cervantes (Don Quijote) and other writers like Lope de Vega
- Artist: El Greco, Velazquez
Spain conquered many lands in America, Asia and Africa and set a BIG EMPIRE.
It ended with French Revolution in 1789 when people decided they didn’t want kings/queens.
The Modern Age.
It started in 1789 with French Revolution (in Spain latter with the War of Independence)
- There were many important changes and inventions: INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION.
- Steam trains, factories, machines
- School for rich families
- Better conditions
- New machines: washing clothes, cooking, cars, buses, planes…
- School for all
- Entertainment: cinema, TV, the Internet…
- There will be many changes and inventions: INFORMATION/INTERNET REVOLUTION.
- It started 476 A.D. With the end of Roman Empire. It ended in 1492 A.D when RECONQUISTA finished.
- In 8th century Muslins came to Iberian Peninsula.
- Muslins conquered most Iberian Peninsula and called it AL-ANDALUS.
- Church were important: priest and monks.
- Period of cathedrals, mosques and palaces.
- In 1492 Christians conquered Granada, the last Muslim Kingdom.
It started when first humans appeared about 5 millions years ago.
It finished when writing was invented about 3.500 B.C or 5.000 years ago.
We know about prehistory from the paintings, tools and other objects:
- People lived in caves
- They made clothes from animal skins.
- They collected wild plants and fruits to eat.
They discovered important things: first FIRE, then the WHEEL and finally the WRITING.
It started when people invented writing 3.500 B.C. or 5.000 years ago.
It finished when Roman Empire fall in 476 A.D.
- Greeks and Romans.
What do we know about Greeks?
- They invented the coins, Olympic games, DEMOCRACY.
- They started trade: buy and sell things
- They made beautiful buildings and sculptures
- They believed in many gods.
- They called Iberian Peninsula “IBERIA”
- They wrote about science: Pythagoras
What do we know about Romans?
- They came to Iberian Peninsula in 218 B.C.
- They called it HISPANIA
- They conquered many lands in Europe and north Africa
- Roman Empire ended in 476 A.D.
- They built: