These are the moulds children are looking after and creating in class. Excellent job
Tag Archives: living things
With these different games you can learn more and revise all the lesson we did in class. It’s recomended for 3th and 4th of Primary just try and learn. This website can be an interesting method to learn and review things and informations we learn at school.
Original website: http://www.sciencekids.co.nz/gamesactivities.html
PLANTS AND ANIMALS:
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN LIVING THINGS
CYCLE OF PLANTS
Aquí tenéis el video para comenzar con nuestra lección sobre el Reino Animal y las plantas.
This is the English versión of the same video.
This is a very simple experiment to grow mold very fast.
- Take some slices of bread, it can be from supermarket, but you must know this breads contain chemical preservatives and it will last a little bit more in appear.
- Spray wather on them, you don’t need to water them a lot.
- Put the bread into a plastic bag with a zip, it must be closed during the growing process.
Then our bread is ready to grow mold for the following days. It doesn’t matter the amount of light, the humidity is what is important during this process.
Look at this painting
As we saw in class there are different animals who eat other living things, some eat plants other eat other animals because they are carnivore but check this video about this animals interacting to hund and catch their preys.
Nexto to the classes we can enjoy and see how different ecosystems work.
The acuarium is a closed ecosystem with differente characteristics if we bear in mind what a habitat is. The acuarium has the following elements.
- It has a thermostat to control that temperature could be at 25º C,
- It has an external filter to clean the water
- a compressor to produce bubbles and oxygenate the water.
- an automatic feeder which drops food three times a day.
light, the light is very important for the photosynthesis of the plants and it must be on for 7 o 8 hours a day.
Another ecosystem we have is the Stick bugs or stick insects. These arthopods reproduce in the same terrarium if this has the correct conditions. They only need enough light, humidity and mild temperature. In winter we have to be careful so this animals can die if the temperature is lower than 16-17. At the moment we have 30 insects. The change the skin and we often see how they are hanging from the sides of the terrarium and they leave the old skin stuck to the glass or a branch.
They are from the rosalis species and they eat rose plant leaves.
PLANTS AND VISIBLE ROOTS
These plants, for the moment are some peas and flowers. If you observe you will be able to see how big they grow day after day.